Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rex and Deb's Alaska Adventure


Okay, my mom and dad are outside of King Salmon, Alaska. They had to fly in to the fishing lodge, so they do not have their car! I am pretty sure it is parked in Anchorage. Their fishing lodge sets on the beautiful Alagnak River. They are working really hard, this is not a vacation for them! My dad is heading up several construction projects and my mom is cooking and helping where she can! I really don't know what their everyday looks like, it is a mystery to us all!
The Alagnak River




The 12X12 "hut" my parents are living in, only they could do this!! What pioneers!


All the builing materials have to be brought in by helicopters, that is my dad telling the helicopter dude how to do his job!


More materials being lowered.


Mom's Kitchen and helpers. Breakfast is at 8, Lunch at 1:30 and Dinner at 7:30. Do you see the jar on the counter, it has some cream colored stuff in the bottom? That is her bread starter. She is making homeade bread out there!

No comments: