Saturday, January 23, 2010

Moving Alexis out West: Amber's trip to Montana







So, Alexis and myself drove her Subaru out West, to Ennis Montana where Alexis is now living! It was an adventure of a lifetime for me! We traveled with Fern (a lab) and Gus (a French Bulldog puppy). We first stopped in Iowa to check out our parents new place. My dad guided me to my first deer ever, I shot a button buck from about 130 yards out. Then ate deer and noodles that night and off to Montana we were. Somehow I took the first shift and drove until 3 AM! Don't know how I did that, that's not like me! Well after 24 long hours we pulled into her cabin in the dark just to wake up in the morning in tears! The mountains were breathtaking. We painted her apartment and unpacked her stuff, that girl does not need any coffee mugs! We ate local food, visited the old gold mining towns of Virginia City and Nevada City and hiked the Tobacco Root mountains. When I got on the plane to fly home, I sobbed! It was the most magical beautiful place I have ever been. Can't wait to go back and go fly fishing on the Madison river for rainbow trout and attend a real rodeo!

1 comment:

The Loyd's said...

Looks like ya'll had a fantastic trip! It's so great to spend real quality time with your sis!